Let’s talk about why you train and why you...
Today, December 14th, 2017.
Daily Bite of Health
… on a mission to inspire and guide World Health Transformation. to 1000-YEAR-YOUNG. to MARS.
Why train? Why diet?
No-Counting Diet: Calories, Fats, Carbs, Portions.
Let’s talk about why you train and why you diet.
There are many reasons for and benefits of training and healthy eating habits. Numerous. Countless. Google it.
The blog is not about that today.
If you are still doubting tremendous health benefits of exercise and a healthy diet that affect every level of your life, all your successes, your energy levels, your enthusiasm for life, your happiness, your talents, your financial and career successes – if you doubt any of that, well, first, google it, and read all the studies available from reputable research institutes, and second, look at any well-rounded successful person who maintains success long term – NON OF THEM eat crap and ALL OF THEM are active physically.
This blog is about maximum returns on your investments (ROI), when it comes to physical training, exercise and dieting.
Why do you want to exercise?
Why do you want to diet?
Training, exercise, fitness, being active, movement, different kinds of physical activities (more on different kinds of training for specific goals this Saturday) – all of that you need to use as a main tool to build strength, build or sculpt the body you want from inside (You’d be amazed how much you can change your body with proper training), your heart health, your endurance and conditioning (of your body and mind), and on top of that, countless health benefits like strong bones, long life, mobility and injury prevention, improved metabolic health, disease prevention, better memory, sharper brain, improved creativity – the list goes on. And yes, exercise indirectly helps you to lose weight (calorie burning effect of exercise is not worth it, unless you plan to train A LOT!), but weight loss is not what you want to focus on when you exercise.
Re-shape your body
Improve conditioning, endurance, heart health
And other (no less important!) health, cognitive and performance benefits
When it comes to actually SEEING RESULTS in the mirror – your best bet and time/efforts investment is changing your eating habits and mastering your plate. And yes, there are tremendous benefits of healthy eating (In fact, without a good, nutritionally sound diet you won’t survive not being sick), BUT again, if we talk about looks and weight loss, diet is the key. NOT exercise.
See the results of your training in the mirror
Love your looks
And (no less important!) to feel better, to be healthy, to live long, to have lots of energy, to have great mood and so many other reason
Know what your goals are.
Know what your tools are.
Know when to use what and why.
That will save you a lot of frustration and energy, that can be used elsewhere in your life more constructively.
We will talk about precise training for different goals this Saturday.
Right now I want to talk more about diet and how you, without getting a nutrition degree, without counting lots and lots of things, like calories, portions, carbs, fats, proteins, can get amazing weight loss and body transformation results (Health will improve a lot too).
Below are my tried and proven personally strategies, that I use myself and when working with people, when focusing on weight loss, when I want it simple.
Depending on where you start, you might try 3 of the strategies (levels) combined together from the beginning. I wouldn’t recommend it for most of you guys, especially if you are new to weight loss, and building and sticking with healthy habits, or if you’ve been trying unsuccessfully lots of diets, yo-yo weight loss-weight gain strategy.
I recommend implementing one level, sticking with it until it becomes your second nature and you continue seeing weight loss progress, 1-3 month usually. Then you implement and master the next one. Then the next one. You’ll see progressively better results each time – no doubt about it.
This is an amazing way to change your lifestyle and looks long-term – and that’s ideally what weight loss should be about, permanent and long-term lifestyle change, that improves your looks but also your health, your energy levels, your mood, your performance at work and in life.
Level 1 Weight Loss: No sugar or sweeteners (except Stevia, monk fruit extract and similar), no juices, no grains and beans (of any kind in any form), no dairy, no starchy vegetables like potatoes. – This level will give you the most results the fastest without thinking and counting. Eat lots of non-starchy vegetables, meat and fish, eggs, nuts and seeds (no peanuts, dry-roasted), some fruits here and there (only fresh). Cook anything you want from the food list. (download ANGELAS SIX PACK FOOD LIST)
Level 2 Weight Loss: No liquid calories (smoothies, oils, butters etc.), no snacking, 2-3 meals a day when hungry.
Level 3 Weight Loss: Add training. Strength training. 2-3 times a week. I suggest lower-upper body, whole-body split (Check out my INSTA WORKOUTS for ideas and exercises). HIIT training 2 times a week. (More on that this Saturday, when, what and how)
There are many levels to nutrition, to healthy eating, to weight loss, no doubt about it, but when you are at the very beginning you want to make sure, that you have a workable simple strategy, and you stick with it, measuring your progress and results.
And give it some time guys, chances are, you’ve been screwing up your metabolism and health for quite some time – it will take time for your body to change, you are not a machine, changes take time.
Stay tuned for this Saturday precise-goals training blog edition (SUBSCRIBE NOT TO MISS IT), video edition of the blog, smart cheating (new foods for smart people) breakfast with Angela, fun fitness and more fun ahead!!!
Questions, advice, comments? – Angela at CreateYourself.Today
If you miss my Daily Bite of Health in your inbox some days, and have no idea how to live healthier today, check out my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube for Daily Bites of Health – you’ll find everything you need there to live healthier, fitter and smarter life (upgraded with your own SIX PACK).
Building perfect shoulders
One of my staple lunches: Grilled wild salmon, roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic, olive oil and pepper, salad with lots of greens and herbs and olive oil, wakame, sauerkraut,
What’s happening on my podcast:
You don’t get healthy and stay healthy.
Daily Bite of Health
TRY NO-COUNTING WEIGHT LOSS
And here is an extra Bite of Health.
Why you should listen (to learn) –
- How chronic cardio (and an accompanied high carbohydrate diet) eventually led Mark to a big wake up call.
- Why we often think we should just “try harder” if we’re not getting the results we want.
- What lifestyle factors endurance athletes should consider to effectively improve their results.
- What a ketogenic diet actually is.
- Why the human body is designed to efficiently store and burn body fat.
- What it means to be metabolically flexible.
- Why your body is far less likely to burn stored body fat if you’re constantly eating carbohydrates.
- The truth about the amount of carbohydrates that humans evolved eating.
- How eating candy and eating bread can have the same effect on your metabolism.
- Which one becomes insulin resistant first: fat cells or muscle cells.
- Why fruit was the perfect food to help humans fatten up as we evolved.
- The surprising amount of ketones your body can produce each day.
- The difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis.
- Why keto strips are a poor indicator of healthy ketosis.
- The impact that insulin has on ketosis.
- Who needs to be more cautious when trying a ketogenic diet.
- The benefits of MCT oil.
- How stress can be a hindrance to a successful ketogenic diet.
- What some of the biggest mistakes are that people make on a ketogenic diet.
- Simple tests to see if you’re ready to take a deep dive into ketosis.
- Why a fast metabolism might be the opposite of what you really need.
- Why developing the SKILL of reading your appetite is so important (the cheesecake example!).
- Why not having any food post-workout might carry some nice health benefits.
- Where the Atkins Diet slipped up (hint: plastic cheese!).
- The delicious healthy fats you can enjoy doing The Keto Reset Diet.
- Whether or not exogenous supplemental ketones are effective.
- What concerns you should have about nutrient deficiencies on a ketogenic diet
New York, New York
Life, Pictures, Poetry
From Russia with Love
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Stop being who you were and become who you are.”
~ Paulo Coelho
Laugh like your life depends on it
and Lift. HEAVY.
How to Eat.
How to eat for Maximum Leanness, Health and Beauty, Through-The-Roof Energy and MAXIMUM LIFE!
How to Move.
How to move for maximum Life, Fun and Fitness (FIT for EXTRAORDINARY LIFE Program, not another workout). Maximum Leanness. Maximum Health, Maximum Energy AND Time Saving.
To Live Long and Prosper
How to live for maximum life, health and happiness. Healthy body maintenance program, they don’t teach you at school and your doctor has no idea about.
Join the Conversation
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
- Healthy eating had nothing to do with restriction. It has everything to do with maximum… https://t.co/60xZMZGj3r 9 hours ago
- @SmartDrugSmarts sent the application! from angelacreateyourself @gmail .com !!! 10 hours ago
- @bulletproofexec ON it! :) 10 hours ago
- @foodtechconnect @ForceBrands @EatBanza @CookSpaceBK @MamaOsKimchi @ZarosBakery @helpgoodspread @VictoryGardenNY gu… https://t.co/AaAea2v9w2 14 hours ago
Have you ever wondered, if there is something wrong with...
Have you ever tried cooking a perfect egg for the first...